2016 OARA Convention & Trade Show
When: March 17, 2016 - March 20, 2016
Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre
8500 Warden Avenue
Markham, ON L6G 1A5
1-800-593-9223 or book online.
For photos and a media recap – OARA Conference highlights role of auto recycling in a sustainable economy
Thursday March 17, 2016
5:00 – 10:00 pm OARA Board Meeting
Friday March 18, 2016
7:30 am – 9:00 pm Registration Opens
9:00 am Presentations and Seminars
12:30 – 8:00 pm Trade Show Opening and Lunch
2:00 – 3:00 pm Progi Meeting (Direct Members only)
5:00 – 8:00 pm Reception in the Trade Show
8:00 – 11:30 pm Silent Auctions and Charity Casino with a live auction at 11:00 pm for the OARA Employee Scholarship Program
Saturday March 19, 2016
7:30 – 9:00 am Industry Recognition Breakfast
9:00 Presentations and Training
12:15 – 1:00 pm Industry Lunch
1:00 – 4:00 pm OARA Annual General Meeting & Elections (Direct Members and invited Guests only).
1:00 – 4:00 pm Employee Training
Sunday March 20, 2016
All day Sunday Sales School training with Amber Kendrick.
Sunday Sales School Agenda
9:30 – 10:00am Welcome, Introductions, Expectations and Warm up Exercises.
10:00 – 11:00am Fuel Your Success with Warranties: Using warranties to provide the very best customer service.
11:00am – 12:00pm Increasing your Brokered Sales: Proven techniques to make more money brokering.
12:00 – 12:45pm Lunch Break
12:45 – 1:00pm Morning Recap
1:00 – 2:00pm Make More Money without More Customers: Turning $1,000/mth customers into $5,000/mth customers.
2:00 – 3:00pm Closing the Sale and Self Training: How to get better every month from here on out!
3:00 – 3:30 pm Best Idea Contest: Bring your best ideas and share with the group. The best idea voted by the group wins a prize!
Each of the main sessions will last 45 minutes with 15 minutes at the end reserved for questions or further in-depth discussions.
Amber Kendrick is a 3rd generation auto recycler that is rapidly becoming a much sought after speaker in the auto recycling industry. For nearly a decade, Amber enjoyed growing recycling facilities while focusing on efficiency and team building. She did this as the general manager of Pete’s Auto Parts, American Auto Parts, and the Loveland, Colorado branch of H&H Auto Parts. In 2015, Amber served as a field rep for Rebuilders Automotive Supply (RAS) and helped recyclers sell their cores for more. She has now moved back to Michigan and has bought and is running the salvage yard her grandfather started in the fifties.
“My seminars are very hands-on, boots on the ground. And I want to really help these people with their day-to-day business. There will be no keynote on the state of the industry or speech on how technology may affect recycling in the future, it’s all practical information people can use every day. And I think that changes the energy of the day and hopefully inspires people to put into place systems, procedures and policies that increases their profits. I want to be a part of that.”
Other confirmed Speakers & Topics:
- Comments from the Minister Glen Murray, Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (invited)
- National projects promoting auto recycling. Scout Environmental
- How Team PRP promotes auto recycling. Mark Gamble, Team PRP
- Survival in a down market. Robert Counts, Counts Business Consulting/CBCDashboard
- Taking the Hollander Interchange™ to the Next Level. Chris Budion, Hollander
- Where are we going and who is going to help us get there. Recruiting, hiring, training, managing, motivating, and retaining employees in 2016 and beyond. Amber Kendrick
- ARA, auto recycling and the future: ARA, auto recycling and the future. Mike Swift, ARA President
- Alternative Revenue Streams: Every way recyclers can make money besides processing more vehicles (warranties, cores, brokering, flashing computers, aftermarket, reman, repairs, etc etc) and how to use each of those to fuel the MAIN revenue stream of used parts. Amber Kendrick
- Workplace safety legislative update: what every employer needs to know, Workplace Safety Prevention Services
- Signing up for the Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (EASR) for the ELV processors. Eugenia Chalambalacis, Ministry of Environment & Climate Change
- More for your cores with a managed core program. Bill Cline, MCI Cores
- Outlook on Platinum Group metals and what it means for recyclers selling scrap catalytic converters. Becky Berube, United Catalyst Corporation
- Next generation auto recycling. Andrew MacDonald, Maritime Auto Parts/Maritime Pick-a-Part
- Inventory Control: Most yards are losing money every month from missing parts and damaged parts. Learn how to plug the leaks and put in place good practices. Amber Kendrick
A limited number of rooms have been reserved for the Convention at the Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre. Please contact the hotel directly at 1-800-593-9223 and quote the “Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association” to receive the group rate of $139 per night, with free parking . The group rate is subject to availability and is valid until March 3, 2016.
Trade Show Hours
Friday March 17, 2016
- Set up 7:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Open 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Tear down 8:00 pm to midnight
New or seasoned, our exhibitors know that each year the OARA Trade Show and Convention will bring added value to their company.
- As with last year, there will be no concurrent seminars to the Trade Show – you will have the undivided attention of all delegates from 12:45 to 8:00 pm.
- The Passport Program ensures continuous traffic to your booth and offers the chance to engage with delegates outside of your current network.
- Once again the Friday Lunch and Friday Reception will be hosted in the Trade Show area for maximum delegate interaction.
- NEW – We have added a Trade Show only registration for Employees to encourage further attendance.
- ACE/MCI Commodities
- Al-Jon Manufacturing
- APU Solutions
- Bomet Recycling
- Buddy Automotive Innovations
- Buffalo Engine Components
- Burlington Business Forms/BCAP
- CCC Information Services – Pinnacle Yard Management Solution
- Canadian Towing Equipment
- Canadian Recyclers Health Benefits
- Cardinal Couriers GOLD
- CBCDashboard BRONZE
- Checkmate by Car-Part.com
- Commercial Forms & Recycling Supplies
- Copart Canada
- Cowan Insurance Group Silver
- DG Bevan Insurance Brokers
- Eagle Towing Equipment
- ELV Select GOLD
- Get Used Parts **NEW**
- Global Refining Group (2) **NEW**
- HR Runciman
- Impact Auto Auctions GOLD
- Liberty Tire Recycling Canada Silver
- LKQ Corporation GOLD
- Hold Please Communications
- Hollander PLATINUM
- Monidex Distribution (2)
- Ontario Auto Recyclers Association (OARA) **NEW**
- PGM Recyclers
- Phoenix Automotive Cores
- Power-DB by SolexD
- Progi (2) GOLD
- Rebuilders Automotive Supply
- Recycling Equipment Canada
- Retire Your Tire
- SLM Recycling
- SST Salvage Supply & Technology (SST)
- Stark Auto Sales **NEW**
- Summerhill Impact/Switch Out
- Sunshine Foundation of Canada
- Supershear Inc BRONZE
- Tinman Metal Reclaim **NEW**
- Trillium Tire
- United Catalyst Corporation
- United Recyclers Group (URG) **NEW**
- Veolia North America SILVER
- WEN Industries
- Wholesale Auto Parts Warehouses (5) PLATINUM
- Workplace Safety Prevention Service
Take advantage of this opportunity to showcase your company at the 2016 OARA Trade Show and Convention. Whether you are looking for new exposure or long lasting visibility in the industry, we have a sponsorship package to fit your company needs.
- Cardinal Couriers
- ELV Select
- LKQ Corporation
- Impact Auto Auctions
- Cowan Insurance Group
- Liberty Tire Recycling Canada
- Parachute Software
- Veolia North America
- Supershear Inc
Convention contact information:
Program: Steve @ 519.858.8761
Registration/Invoicing: Sherry @ 1.800.390.8743
Exhibitors/Sponsors: Steve @ 519.858.8761