Board of Directors and Committees
Woodbeck Auto Parts, Stirling
Hank’s Auto Wreckers, St. Clements
Valley Automotive, Pembroke
Plazek Auto Recyclers, Caistor Centre
Miller’s Auto Recycling, Fort Erie
McGregor Auto Parts, St. Thomas
Hotch’s Auto Parts, Ameliasburgh
We presently have the following active Committees working on behalf of all Members:
- Certification – To oversee the certification programs CAREC and Gold Seal.
- Government Affairs – To research and coordinate the government affairs activities, both proactive and reactive, for the industry.
- Health & Safety Committee – To investigate and research developments relating to health and safety issues that OARA Members are faced with.
- Meetings Committee – To assist in the development and planning of all OARA Member Meetings.
- Membership – To review and provide recommendations on: membership applications for new members; membership application criteria and process; membership discipline; and membership dues.
- Member Benefits – To collect data and to find suppliers and costs on products and services for Direct Members.
- Parts Procurement – To provide input in to the various parts procurement programs emerging in the industry and to lead OARA Member efforts in good quality Green Recycled Parts available to more estimates.
- Transportation – To address industry wide issues relating to shipping and transportation of parts and vehicles by OARA Members.
- Budget and Audit (standing) – To assist in the development of annual budgets, review expenses against budget, prepare & execute an audit of OARA’s financial activities, and review OARA’s accounting and bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Nominations (standing) – To ensure a slate of qualified Board Members are available to run for elections and to develop future association leaders