The Association wishes to further support Direct Members by offering their employees the opportunity to apply to OARA to receive funding to cover unexpected expenses that may be affecting their quality of life. Whether it is an illness, special needs for a child, parent or partner, or financial support for a special goal, challenge or situation – we would like to try and help.
To discuss your individual situation in confidence, please contact the OARA office at 519-858-8761 or send an email to email@example.com.
The Board of Directors of the Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association (OARA) are pleased to announce the recipients of the post-secondary education funding for 2020/2021:
- Spencer Woollings from Carcone’s Auto Recycling
- Emma Nash from Corey Auto Wreckers
- Jillian Nash from Corey Auto Wreckers
- Sarah Stephenson from Corey Auto Wreckers
- Vicky Stephenson from Corey Auto Wreckers
- Addison Brennan from Doug’s Auto Parts
- Nathan Bell from Glencoe Auto Recyclers
- Omar Araji from LKQ Sonshine
- Olivia Colyn from LKQ Sonshine
- Abby Frisella from Logel’s Auto Parts
- Nicholas Frisella from Logel’s Auto Parts
- Alysha Gullion from Miller’s Auto
- Iris Fletcher from OARA
- Taylor Hughes from P & G Auto Sales
- Jessie Dupuis from Thunder Bay Auto Parts
The fund is available to the children of employees of Direct Members to pursue post-secondary education or apprenticeship opportunities.
In the past 11 years the fund has provided scholarships for 334 recipients for a total of $229,000:
- 2010 – 19 recipients for a total of $19,000
- 2011 – 36 recipients for a total of $72,000
- 2012 – 43 recipients for a total of $34,500
- 2013 – 32 recipients for a total of $23,500
- 2014 – 31 recipients for a total of $20,500
- 2015 – 30 recipients for a total of $21,000
- 2016 – 32 recipients for a total of $22,000
- 2017 – 24 recipients for a total of $16,000
- 2018 – 13 recipients for a total of $7,500
- 2019 – 21 recipients for a total of $18,000
- 2020 – 15 recipients for a total of $9,500
April 30 of the application year.
Note – apprenticeship applications can happen at any time in the year, but will be limited to one application per year.
OARA Scholarship Committee
134 Langarth Street East
London ON N6C 1Z5
Thank you for your interest in the OARA Scholarship Award. To file a complete application, it will be necessary for you, the applicant, to complete the following forms as directed and to follow the steps in the application process listed below.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications
- Plan to pursue a full-time post-secondary education program in an accredited college, university or school providing trade, business or technical programs, or enroll in a recognized apprentice program with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Applicants must have achieved at least a 65% grade point average, or equivalent, in their previous educational program.
- A parent/guardian of the applicant must be a current employee of a Direct Member of the Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association (OARA) with a hire date at least one year prior to April 30 of the application year. Children of owners or those owning stock in the business are not eligible.
Preference will be given to graduating high school students and first-time scholarship applicants.
The following information and materials are to be sent to the OARA Office.
- Request that your school send a Transcript of your academic record. The transcript must include grades from the fall term and attendance records. If the institution does not use the percentage rating system, an explanation of the system must accompany the transcript.
- For applicants that are in or entering an apprentice program, there is no need to submit an academic transcript, but you must submit a copy of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities proof of Apprenticeship Registration in the trade, indicating the Client ID, Contract Number and Effective Date.
- Submit a copy of your acceptance or proof of upcoming enrollment in your program.
- Obtain a letter of verification from your parent/guardian’s employer, who is a Direct Member of OARA, verifying current employment and the date of hire.
- Complete the Online Application Form and Profile Sheet (below). Application information is confidential and will be read and evaluated only by the OARA Scholarship Committee.
- Submit the Online Scholarship Application Form and Profile Sheet no later than April 30 of the application year. You can also print the form and submit via regular mail, again no later than April 30.
- Ensure that your school transcript or apprentice confirmation, proof of acceptance or enrollment, along with a verification of employment letter are submitted no later than April 30 of the application year.