The Board of Directors of the Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association (OARA) are pleased to announce the recipients of the post-secondary education funding for 2016/2017:
- Molly Ghanam, A&L Auto Recyclers
- Amanda McCaskie, ABA Auto Parts
- Wilson Nixon, Andy’s Auto Wreckers
- Cody Corbin, Arnprior/Ottawa Auto Parts
- Logan Naudi, Cambridge Auto Parts
- Olivia Johnson, Carcone’s Auto Recycling
- Aaron Taylor, Carcone’s Auto Recycling
- Christopher Taylor, Carcone’s Auto Recycling
- Lauren Wyatt, Corey’s Auto Wreckers
- Bryan Thomas, Dom’s Auto Parts
- Emily Raite, Doug’s Auto Parts
- Makayla Churchill, Formula Auto Wreckers
- Thomas Arseneau, Hank’s Auto Wreckers
- Dustin Boehm, Hank’s Auto Wreckers
- Jessie Seili, Hank’s Auto Wreckers
- Matthew White, Hotch’s Auto Parts
- Nicholas Polinski, Miller’s Auto Recycling
- Erin Collison, Miller’s Auto Recycling
- Hannah Polinski, Miller’s Auto Recycling
- Spencer Gullion, Miller’s Auto Recycling
- Alysha Gullion, Miller’s Auto Recycling
- Christina Whoitmore, Nuhn’s Auto Supply
- Morgan Hughes, P&G Auto Parts
- Caitlyn Elton, Pic N Save Auto Parts
- Jesse Fitzgerald, Standard Auto Wreckers
- Victoria Lam, Standard Auto Wreckers
- Jessica Tymchyshyn, T&T Auto Supply
- Ashley Tymchyshyn, T&T Auto Supply
- Meghan Behm, Valley Automotive
- Kristen Noack, Valley Automotive
- Samantha Cooney-Grills, Woodbeck Auto Parts
The fund is available to the children of employees of Direct Members to pursue post-secondary education or apprenticeship opportunities.
In the past seven (7) years the fund has provided scholarships for 221 recipients for a total of $220,00:
- 2010 – 19 recipients for a total of $19,000
- 2011 – 36 recipients for a total of $72,000
- 2012 – 43 recipients for a total of $34,500
- 2013 – 32 recipients for a total of $23,500
- 2014 – 31 recipients for a total of $20,500
- 2015 – 30 recipients for a total of $21,000
- 2016 – 32 recipients for a total of $22,000
April 30 of the application year.
OARA Scholarship Committee
c/o Sherry Baugh
134 Langarth Street East
London ON N6C 1Z5
Thank you for your interest in the OARA Scholarship Award. To file a complete application, it will be necessary for you, the applicant, to complete the following forms as directed and to follow the steps in the application process listed below.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications
- Plan to pursue a full-time post-secondary education program in an accredited college, university or school providing trade, business or technical programs, or enroll in a recognized apprentice program with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Applicants must have achieved at least a 65% grade point average, or equivalent, in their previous educational program.
- A parent/guardian of the applicant must be a current employee of a Direct Member of the Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association (OARA) with a hire date at least one year prior to April 30 of the application year. Children of owners or those owning stock in the business are not eligible.
Preference will be given to graduating high school students and first-time scholarship applicants.
The following information and materials are to be sent to the OARA Office.
- Request that your school send a Transcript of your academic record. The transcript must include grades from the fall term and attendance records. If the institution does not use the percentage rating system, an explanation of the system must accompany the transcript.
- For applicants that are in or entering an apprentice program, there is no need to submit an academic transcript, but you must submit a copy of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities proof of Apprenticeship Registration in the trade, indicating the Client ID, Contract Number and Effective Date.
- Obtain a letter of verification from your parent/guardian’s employer, who is a Direct Member of OARA, verifying current employment and the date of hire.
- Complete the Online Application Form and Profile Sheet. Application information is confidential and will be read and evaluated only by the OARA Scholarship Committee.
- Submit the Online Scholarship Application Form and Profile Sheet no later than April 30 of the application year. You can also print the form and submit via regular mail, again no later than April 30.
- Ensure that your school Transcript or Apprentice confirmation and Verification of Employment Letter are submitted no later than April 30 of the application year.