February 25, 2014 – The MOE has announced the locations of six regional consultation locations – HERE.
The Ministry is holding consultation sessions at several locations across the province. If you are interested in attending one of these sessions, please contact Chris Goode, Senior Program Advisor, Ministry of the Environment (firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-325-7421) so that they can ensure sufficient room capacity.
MOE Announces EBR Posting for ELV Standards
February 14, 2014 – The Ministry of the Environment is seeking input on a technical discussion paper that proposes regulatory changes that would apply new environmental standards to end-of-life vehicle (ELV) processing. The paper proposes the following:
- Requiring all ELVs to have contaminants removed (depolluted) prior to crushing or shredding
- Requiring any shipment of depolluted ELVs from an ELV processing site be accompanied by a notice confirming depollution
- Requiring eligible ELV processing sites to register on the Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (EASR)
- Clarifying the application of the “derelict motor vehicle site” exemption in Regulation 347 under the Environmental Protection Act
- Requiring site environmental management for the storage of waste, maintenance of equipment, mitigation of emissions and staff training
- A phased implementation over 2 years to provide time for the sector to adapt to the new requirements
This proposal has been posted for a 60 day public review and comment period starting February 05, 2014. If you have any questions, or would like to submit your comments, please do so by April 06, 2014 to:
Chris Goode, Senior Advisor
Ministry of the Environment Environmental Programs Division Modernization of Approvals Branch
135 St. Clair Avenue West, Floor 4, Toronto Ontario M4V 1P5
Phone: (416) 325-7421