Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association (OARA)
Woodbeck Auto Parts, Stirling
Hank’s Auto Wreckers, St. Clements
Valley Automotive, Pembroke
Arnprior/Ottawa Auto Parts, Arnprior
Miller’s Auto Recycling, Fort Erie
McGregor Auto Parts, St. Thomas
P&G Auto Parts, North Bay
Steve Fletcher, Executive Director
We presently have the following active Committees working on behalf of all Members:
- Certification – To oversee the certification programs CAREC and Gold Seal.
- Data Collection – To ensure OARA Member data is protected and managed for the benefit of OARA and its Members.
- Government Affairs – To research and coordinate the government affairs activities, both proactive and reactive, for the industry.
- Health & Safety Committee – To investigate and research developments relating to health and safety issues that OARA Members are faced with.
- Meetings Committee – To assist in the development and planning of all OARA Member Meetings.
- Membership – To review and provide recommendations on: membership applications for new members; membership application criteria and process; membership discipline; and membership dues.
- Member Benefits – To collect data and to find suppliers and costs on products and services for Direct Members.
- Parts Procurement – To provide input in to the various parts procurement programs emerging in the industry and to lead OARA Member efforts in good quality Green Recycled Parts available to more estimates.
- Transportation – To address industry wide issues relating to shipping and transportation of parts and vehicles by OARA Members.
- Budget and Audit (standing) – To assist in the development of annual budgets, review expenses against budget, prepare & execute an audit of OARA’s financial activities, and review OARA’s accounting and bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Nominations (standing) – To ensure a slate of qualified Board Members are available to run for elections and to develop future association leaders